Sunday, January 13, 2013

Count Dooku's Haiku

Five syllables here.
Seven syllables are here.
What should I put here?


     We, a free-versed family, will learn rhyming form and meter and walk across our pages with lithe poetic feet.  Today we tackle the haiku, because it is short and fits the attention spans of my tween, teen, and aging mother.  My son quick in wit and to get it over with gives us all three lines, the third to match the first.  
     My mother says, "At least it has 5-7-5 syllables, so many I read don't, but maybe I was reading a dooku or iku or sinku or tanku."
     I laughing announce, "Very well, but we don't have a leap of thought."
     My son thinks it, but my daughter's tongue jumps the gap first.  She says, "What should I put here?"
     We're done.  It's raining.  We will now watch Star Wars, again.  But we still don't have a title, so I say, "Let's call it Count Dooku's Haiku."  And now finished we are and rather proud of our creation; it took four of us to do it.  

14 comments:

  1. Ha ha! This gave me a smile this morning. Sometimes teamwork is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! Perfect! Plus, it's so interesting that someone is haunted by the idea of the 5-7-5 syllable rule that you called it Count Dooku's haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this! You are all hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a smile firmly in place here also! Thanks so very much - needed a proper chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby,

    What a very lovely time of togetherness. while being totally creative:)

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lucky person!
    Having such cooperation. No wonder it turns into a fun session.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! A brilliant haiku if there ever was one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the good laugh. I'm glad I stopped by. I needed that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great team effort! anymore of 'em dooku, i mean haiku, to share? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commend your clan's cleverness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This more of a lune, not haiku though ~ Fun exercise for the family ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, Libby, I love haiku every once in a while. I like to use the form when writing to the "small stone" concept. The structure forces me to be specific and straightforward. Yours is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

For comments and carrots, thanks.