Monday, February 25, 2013

Stay the Night

56 degrees is a thaw of heart
To tree frogs getting an early start
Sighing over shiny water
Waiting for a moonlit lover.

Fog hovers near the river
Slowly dancing with her giver
Long hair curling with the music
Flowing through the undercurrent.

The sun unwilling to lose this sight
Holds on to both the edges of tonight
Onto the east the moon shines over
Onto the west the pink spreads under.

Into this glory I am cast
Would this mud could hold me fast
But on I trudge about my business
Far removed from the art of living.

1 comment:

  1. "Into this glory I am cast"..... someone who can see and write about this beauty is not removed from the art of living at all. You are showing us how! I can picture that sky so clearly above your wonderful pond, can see the mist rising up in the meadow......so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

For comments and carrots, thanks.