Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ketchup and Mustard

The tween and teen
Sling word shot
And packets of condiments
At each other
As follows:

That's gross.

     I like mustard.

You don't have to use a whole handful.

     I'm not.  I'm using half a fistful.

I don't see how anyone could eat mustard.

     I don't see how anyone can eat ketchup.

Still, I'd rather eat a drop of mustard than a handful of ketchup.

     I'd rather eat a handful of mustard.

Too tired to think
Too tired to sleep
Almost too tired to care
And carry adult burdens
And professional headaches
Any longer
This argument over ketchup and mustard
Is healing.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Yes, with all our adult heads are packed with, a verbal volley about mustard and ketchup must seem delightful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

For comments and carrots, thanks.