Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Simple Faith

Via Wonder Wednesday #14
For Poets United poets
I give this gift:
The Poet's Simple Faith,
by Victor Hugo.

          You say, "Where goest thou?"  I cannot tell,
          And still go on.  If but the way be straight,
          It cannot go amiss! before me lies
          Dawn and the Day; the Night behind me; that
          Suffices me; I break the bounds; I see,
          And nothing more; believe, and nothing less.
          My future is not one of my concerns.

          Translated by Prof. E. Dowden


7 comments:

  1. Yes, this one does inspire and remind us to see the breaks of bounds and believe! What insight he had!!! Thank you Libby :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely choice, Libby! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece--and one that I had not read before--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultimate wisdom, Libby. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poem you shared is indeed a wonderful gift....so much expressed / so worthy of contemplation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an exceptional poem - and seems to be what I needed to read today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Libby,

    Somehow those words of simple faith, dwell within the reader and rest for so long...Wonderful choice.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

For comments and carrots, thanks.